Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My son has the best sister in the world! By Mrs. C

Jadyn is the most compassionate and sweet sister ever, and it was proven last night! Evan, who is potty training (and doing very well) had to go pee, but he didn't tell me. He told Jadyn. She didn't even say anything to me; no one did. She helped him over to the potty chair, pulled his pants down, and helped him sit down. Then, when he was done, she helped him pull up his pants and gave him lots of praise. Enter mom. I didn't even know what was going on until she started squealing, "Good boy Evan! You peed in the potty! Let's go flush it!" Whoa! What did I miss?! And mom, don't even think you're going to flush this one; Jadyn insisted on helping Evan carry his potty insert to the toilet to dump it and celebrate with the flushing. I asked her if he pulled his pants down (something he hasn't quite mastered), and she said, "No. I did it. The boy had to pee."

I was floored. Did my 4 year old really just do something so wonderfully nice for her brother, irregardless of the fact that it's not the most fun job in the world? Yes, she did. And she's the best! I have truly been blessed with such an awesome daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment