Sunday, June 27, 2010

ATTENTION: ADD is about to overload in T minus 3 seconds!

It's 9:25 p.m. and I just finished putting the kids to bed. And now starts "my" time. As many moms out there know, "mom" time is hard to come by and almost rare. But I can't help but brag; I have "my" time every night from 9:15-ish until I decide to go to sleep (normally around 11). I don't know why, but almost every night, I have an internal battle over what to do for this time. There's so much I want to do! So why do I have to choose? Why not do it all? Enter incredible multitasker. At this moment, I am blogging, watching "Secret Life" (which is probably one of the worst acted shows ever), reading my current "can't-put-this-book-down" Christian fiction series (Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins), Facebooking, texting, and petting one of my dogs, Sadie. The multitasking doesn't stop there! I have a whole sleuth of multitasking thoughts simultaneously sending my wheels into overdrive. I'm thinking about life, what I want, my husband, my kids, Evan's upcoming birthday party that I have yet to fully plan, what I want to make for dinner tomorrow, my littlest sister who is in the hospital waiting for an appendectomy, how I'm going to organize the basement bedroom to accommodate a classroom for Jadyn, what textbooks/workbooks I'd like to use for her, the need for prayer before I go to sleep tonight, going to see Eclipse, the hope that Jadyn can stay dry while sleeping tonight and hoping Evan will stay dry tomorrow, my weight... It's no wonder I'm so exhausted! I really should stop so much multitasking, but I think it's the ADD in me just busting at the seams.

1 comment:

  1. -ish!!!!!! I thought I was the only one. I live my life in -ish format!

    ReplyDelete