Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Date Night" part 1 by Mrs. C

So, my wedding anniversary was June 17. We celebrated our 3rd married year together. Since Jeremy's work schedule places our "weekends" on Tuesdays and Wednesday, I made plans for us to celebrate our annivesary with a date night last Tuesday. Jeremy has been wanting me to learn to shoot a gun, and I made arrangements for us to do just that. Romantic, right? I looked forward to it! Everything was falling into place perfectly. Our church held Vacation Bible School last week, and the kids were both enrolled. Even though I had volunteered as one of the preschool crew leaders, I arranged to have the night off from VBS. (Yes, we totally used VBS for daycare! LOL) We got the ammo, dropped the kids off at VBS, and off we went to the shooting range. On the way, Jeremy was laughing about what he thought my reaction would be to shooting his rifle. I think he thought I was nervous to shoot a gun, but in reality, I was so excited! So imagine my disappointment when we drove all the way out to the shooting range to find that Parks and Rec had closed the sites to target shooting! Are you kidding me?! By the time we got out to the shooting range, we had no time to go anywhere else. We had to go pick up the kids. So, we spent the little remainder of time we had at Little Kings Sandwich shop. I can't complain, because any time alone with my hubby is a blessing. We always enjoy ourselves. And he opened my door, so all chivalry is not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment