Monday, July 12, 2010

I used to wear colorful leggings under shorts by Mrs. Taylor

I remember once when I was a teen-ager, I tried to dye my hair with purple Kool-Aid and got some "too light to notice purple hair." So, I soaked my hair in grape juice concentrate, went to bed and all I got out of that was nappy, crunchy hair. I then got some henna hair dye and colored the front pieces of my hair red that ended up fading to a brassy orange. I promised my dad it would come out after a few washes, but really it came out in like 50 washes. I love thinking back to things I did as a teen-ager. I once had a ring for every finger, except my ring finger, because I didn't want anyone to think I had a boyfriend. I once had bangs 10 miles high that I used so much hair spray on they snowed if you bumped 'em. I remember a friend got her hair spray taken away (what a dumb thing to take away now that I'm a mom) and thinking, OMG, I would die if that happened to me! I miss those days when life was so simple. Life is simple in many ways now except money ruins everything. I can't wait to be old when all I have to worry about is not peeing when I laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment