Thursday, October 14, 2010

Old fashioned by Mrs. Taylor

Out and about the other day, I noticed a tree limb chipper with a huge pile of limbs stacked in front of it, waiting to be thrown into be chipped and thought, dang!  That would so suck if that thing broke right now, which led me into thinking about how much it sucked before even call waiting was invented.  It is amazing when you think about all the things that make life easier.  Flat irons replaced ironing your hair, which I have actually done.  Cell phones replaced landlines.  Electric razors replaced straight.  Clothes dryers replaced the line, ever worn crunchy jeans? Email replaced handwriting.  Online bill pay is the bomb-diggity!  We have a dog water thing that holds water for the dogs for like a week!  There is so much more.  I can't wait to see what gets replaced next!

And I just have to know, how many times did you call people back until the busy signal was replaced with the ring, only to find out your friend wasn't home?  I'll never tell ('cause it was like a million!)...

2 comments:

  1. a lot of things us old people had were modern.... way back then....u call me you'll get an answering machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents recently upgraded to voice mail...

    ReplyDelete