Sunday, August 8, 2010

A gift? I want one! By Mrs. Taylor

What's your gift?  Ever wonder about it?  What exactly were you put here to do?  Nobody was put here to just be, like a leech.  I'm not talking about gifts as in your family, friends or what you got for your birthday.  I'm talking about what your good at.  Do you have a gift, but are afraid to show it?  Like I used to be?  Do you wonder about gifts other people are blessed with?  And if you really thought about it, only a handful of people have a superior gift for acting, singing, sports, art, whatever.  Wouldn't be a jip if you were a talented song writer, but couldn't sing?  What about gifts that aren't as visible?  Are you funny and can make people laugh?  Always on time for stuff? Yes, that is a gift!  Are you friendly?  Unfriendly and good at solitaire?  Fart on command? Write spectacular blogs?  ;)  Good at arranging the dishes in the dishwasher so everything fits?  Have a great smile that when you smile others do too?  Good at finding the good in crappy situations?   I had a five year old tell me once her gift was cat eyes 'cause she could see well in the dark.  There are soooo many gifts out there that people don't really think are gifts, but think again hot stuff , everyone has a gift and I hope you find a way to share it so that you may enrich the lives of others.

So, what's your gift?

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wonder what my gift is. I don't think there will be a formal announcement with trumpets, that would be too easy. Although, I am SUPER good at rearranging the dishwasher so everything fits! Last night after Jason had loaded everything I kicked him out of the way and spent 5 minutes working at it until it all fit and my sink was empty! I think of it as a puzzle.
    I do have to say, if that's my only gift I might be a little disappointed.

    ReplyDelete